RE: v-8 corvair

To: Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: RE: v-8 corvair
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:57:37 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 31 May 1999, Gerald Brazil wrote:

> 'tis true. An engineer for Oldsmobile in Lansing had a Corvair with an Olds
> V8 in the back seat. Don't have the foggiest idea of what he used for a
> transaxel. He used to run it in SCCA Solo II evemts. This was in the mid
> '80s.

        A few years back I saw a second series corvair with a V8 mounted
        in it... it was a subtle street rod conversion. I believe the owner
        just inverted the Corvair trans (though I'm not really sure).
        Cosmetically it looked pretty well done (not a butcher job) I do
        remember there was some sort of  a trick to getting it into reverse.

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois