Re: Would BMC have done this in 1955/56?

To: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: Would BMC have done this in 1955/56?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:25:46 -0400
As memory serves, Clive Trickey used to tow his Mini7 racer, (on a trailer)
with an 850 Mini Traveller.  He stopped when the whole lot spun 360 degrees
at low speed when tooting along in a rain storm.

Story was told in "Building and Racing an 850 Mini", a classic book on car
preparation in the later 60's.

I used to tow my 1967 Cooper S, in a converted 1972 house-trailer (which was
still a pretty complete house trailer that had a big door in back that the
car slid up thru) with a 1971 Mercedes 280SEL(big long 4 door sedan with
fuel injected 6 cylinder engine).  I think the trailer outweighed the car by
double, and it wouldn't go over 55 mph without starting a terminal shimmy!

Brian

Brian Evans
Director, Global Sales
UUNET, An MCI WorldCom Company