Fwd: congratulations

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: congratulations
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:22:48 EDT
--part1_abb00e99.24571428_boundary

I was asked to forward this message to the list in order to express Team
Escargot's congratulations and thanks to all the people that worked to make
the "Race at the Base" a success.

In a message dated 4/26/99 10:21:24 AM, pmeis@bgsm.edu writes:

<<Bob, congratulations on pulling off a great event. I can only imagine how
much time and effort you and Linda put in to accomplish it. The Navy surely
treated us like kings. I hope that the event raised a lot of money for
their charity. This event surely deserves a repeat. As one of the racers
said to me: "I've been looking for an alternative to the Walter Mitty in my
race calender, and this race surely fills the bill." I couldn't agree more.
No crowded paddock, a comfortable number of entrants, lots of track time,
sensible driving with few if any major incidents, and a really different
circuit to race on. Thanks for your imagination, initiative, and hard work
to bring it off. I will also write a letter of thanks to Hank Giffen to
relay to the Navy. GO NAVY!
I was greatly relieved that my newly rebuilt engine performed flawlessly.
Unfortunately, Doug's engine blew up, so the workshop will have plenty of
stuff to do.
Cheers,  Paul>>