Re: Rites of Spring

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rites of Spring
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:27:40 -0400
>Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:26:27 -0400>
>I also love the sound of a new engine!  I just finished an A-series for the
Midget I sold last year, and while I missed the dyno session, I loved
starting it in the car.

>A question for the crowd.  I was runnng short of time when it came time to
assemble the engine, so I built it in one straight session.  I took 10 hours
to go from machine shop parts to ready to dyno, including all clean-up of
crank, block, pistons, gapping rings, measuring all bearing clearances,
timing cam, setting valves (head was assembled), etc.

>How long do you guys take to build an engine?  I've never tried to get one
done in one go before, so I never really noticed.  For the guys that charge
for such things, what do you charge to assemble an engine?