Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #163

To: owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #163
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:22:48 -0500
Another .02 worth... I think Jack's problem with his TR 4 is, in fact,
condensation internally due to temp changes. Here in the South (I'm at
Roebling Road in Savannah this weekend teaching a BMWCCA school) the
morning temps of below fifty and the afternoon temps above seventy cause
water to condensate on the inside of engines, particularly all alloy
Alfa engines...(ask me how I know...) I think Jack doesn't have a
problem and should quit trying to find one where none is...Run the piss
out of it and take a look... -Peter Krause (SVRA Professional Mechanic
of the Year 1993)