Last chance for you guys in the east!

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Last chance for you guys in the east!
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 11:14:48 -0500
VSCCA is holding the last event of the year at Summit Point Thanksgiving
weekend! No Kidding! Its a revival of the old Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving
races at Marlboro in the 50s and 60s. Select non-VSCCA cars are invited,
per this description by Mark Palmer:

Clip:
Please come join us!  This event is open to "select" non-VSCCA cars, and
your Alfa will fit in with no problem.

If you know of anyone else who might be interested with a non-VSCCA car,
or even a non-member, let me know.  Generally we'd be
glad to have 60's era small production cars with reasonable level of
modification -- Alfas, Lotus, MGB, TR4, later Porsche 356,
Morgan, etc.  Maybe certain small sports racers.  Would not be able to
accept 911's, Mustangs, killer E-types, etc.  Basically,
anything that runs in the 1:30 - 1:40 range at Summit would probably be
ok.

Schedule is 2 or 3days, depending on how soon you can get away from the
table on Thanksgiving! And a bargain: 3 days for $140, 2 days for $120.
And what a nice time to be racing, not sweating like crazy under three
layers of Nomex or worrying about overheating on the grid!

Contact Mark for entries: "Palmer, Mark" <mpalmer@PhilaGear.com>

Regards, Jim