RE: TR / MG Challenge

To: "'Jack W Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: RE: TR / MG Challenge
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:22:47 -0800
I'm not sure what you mean by "current SCCA rules" and "SCCA drivers."

If I hold an SCCA Vintage license, and my car is legal in SCCA Vintage
but not in Production, GT, IT, or any other "full competition" class, is
that different from a license from SOVREN, SVRA, VARA, etc and a
car legal in those organizations? SOVREN is the main vintage
organization where I live, and they cheerfully honor my license and car.

In fact I hold an SCCA National Comp. license, but my bugeye
races exclusively vintage and is not currently outfitted for any
SCCA full competition class. I race mostly with SCCA Vintage
(we have Vintage with every regional event) but the car is fully legal
for SOVREN as well, and I can have a SOVREN license for the
asking.

As to being faster, well, that's generally so. Of course, the fastest
bugeye
in the northwest is exclusively vintage, too. But I know what you
mean about rhythm.

I think I see what you're getting at, but it seems to me you'll need to
define terms a bit more carefully or you might get into some
confusion at Reg/Tech about who and what is kosher or not.

No offense taken, btw. ;^)

JZ