seat belts

To: vintage race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: seat belts
From: GDavidson <geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:12:12 -0400
I'm trying to figure out a better way to mount the center seat belt in
my pre-war car (no shoulder harness or roll bar required). It has been
mounded to an angle iron cross brace, but the addition of a new cover
over the propshaft doesn't really leave me with enough space to remount
the seat belt anchor bolt---besides I was never very thrilled about the
strength of the cross brace anyway.  I've thought about using one of the
4" square plates on the bottom of the aluminum pan with a anchor bolt
through it, but am not sure if that  is strong enough. Any ideas?
The side belt is into the chassis and is plenty secure.
--
George Davidson