ANY Old Photos of My Car??

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ANY Old Photos of My Car??
From: "Chad Raynal" <chad.raynal@mailexcite.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:18:08 -0700
Hello Listers,

I'm trying to find a SINGLE period picture of a car I recently purchased.  The
car has been verified by some well informed authorities (SVRA, Historic
Trans-Am Registry), but I do not have ANY original photographs of the car when
it competed in a couple 1972 SCCA Trans-Am events, and several IMSA events from
71-73.  If you have no information/interest in cars of this period you may want
to stop reading now.. this is fairly long.  The car was raced by a Richard
Sterbins originally, then a Mr. Bill MacFarlane.  I would love to be able to
make my car appear as it did originally through the aid of some old pictures.
The car is in the correct original color, Daytona yellow, but I have no idea
what decals were run or how the numbers looked.

I just want to tell you up front, I sure do appreciate ANY information you may
be able to provide.

The car in question can best be described as:

     · 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
     · Yellow with black stripes

SCCA Trans-Am Events (driven by Richard Sterbins)

     Lime Rock Park, 5/6/72, Trans-Am, started 25th, finished 13th
     Watkins Glen, 6/17/72, Trans-Am, unknown start position, finish unknown

     · normally raced as #64 in SCCA events

IMSA Events ("TO" Class)

     Daytona, 11/21/71,  "TO" Class, unknown start position, finished 9th
     Danville, 4/16/72,  "TO" Class, unknown start position, finished 2nd
     Lime Rock, 5/29/72, "TO" Class, unknown start position, finished 3rd
     Mid-Ohio, 7/9/72,   "TO" Class, started 5th, finished 3rd

     · normally raced as #14 in IMSA events
     · sometimes co-driven by Richard Schiesz

Mr. Sterbins was contacted during its restoration in the early nineties and he
said that he had a bunch of old photos.  The photos never got sent to the
previous owner, and his old contact information seems to be invalid.  Mr.
Sterbins is an ATF agent, so that may complicate getting in touch with him.

The car was then driven from 1973 to 1975 by a Mr. William MacFarlane.  I don’t
know if the car was changed color from it’s original yellow for Mr.
MacFarlane’s first two IMSA races listed below, but it was white by the SCCA
races in 1974.  I don’t know the number Mr. MacFarlane ran under.  The events
and dates during MacFarlane are a little less precise, but I’ll give you what I
have.  I was able to contact Mr. MacFarlane, and he may some old pictures, but
I haven't received any as of yet.

MacFarlane's Events

     Lime Rock (IMSA), 73, unknown start and finish position
     Mid Ohio (IMSA) 73, unknown start, DNF
     Summit Point (SCCA), 7/74, A/S, unknown start and finish position
     Summit Point (SCCA), 74, A/S, unknown start and finish position
     Summit Point (SCCA), 4/19/75, A/S, unknown start and finish position
     Summit Point (SCCA), 9/20/75, A/S, unknown start and finish position

Any and all additional information would be greatly appreciated. Any payment
for photos, photocopies, postage or research time will be understood.

A CURRENT set of pictures representing the car can be found at:

 http://members.xoom.com/oldracecars/images/69z28.gif

Thank you,
Chad Raynal