Re: HSR Race at Daytona

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: HSR Race at Daytona
From: CTPJ <CTPJ@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:37:11 EDT
The Brumos Daytona Continental Historics will be the weekend of Nov 5-8, 1998.
I ran the event last year with 2 cars and it was a great event. The level of
competition was fantastic, it was as close to a professional event as I have
ever seen at a "vintage" race. There were drivers there such as Haywood,
Newman, Akin, Andy Boss, Goodyear, Kendall, Dave Murry, David Leslie, Pobst,
and others. The start of the Historic Enduro looked more like an IMSA GTP race
then a Vintage race. My advice to anyone interested in attending is make plans
early and prepare the car well. If the Walter Mitty is any indication, HSR
events are getting bigger with each weekend (there were 405 entries with most
groups having 40 to 60 cars, and the enduros having 70+ cars). Hope to see you
there.

Todd
JAG Motorsports