Re: Engine builders

To: Trevor Taylor <taylortl@mgl.ca>
Subject: Re: Engine builders
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 15:33:35 -0400
Trevor Taylor wrote:

> Does anybody know a good BMC "A" series engine builder and/or aluminum
> body man in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada area.  I'm a rookie racer and
> just want good reliable power.( no 200h.p. monsters that need rebuilds
> after every race.) Alternately, can I build it myself?  I'm pretty good
> mechanically.  Any takers on spilling their stories about bad and good
> experiences.  Thanks.
>
> Trevor Taylor
> taylortl@mgl.ca
> Stebro Mk.1 Fjr.

Trevor:
John Dodd of BVR in Oakville (905)338-0822, is one of the best you'll
find anywhere - right now, there's BVR A-series in my Canada Class car,
the Burge Mini Cooper, 3 Christensen Minis, the Sadler Junior that John
DeMaria is putting together, the Turnbull Lotus 7 among others.  He's
building all the Baker racing engines. As well he builds Freeman's,
Sabato's, Burnett's, Lowe's and Hinchcliffe's Formula Ford engines among
others.
And A. he's VERY reasonable with price and most important: ISN'T A
PRIMADONNA!
Aluminum? Do it yourself - just like they would have in the period...I
did.
Conversely, if you have the money, contact Mike Lewis of M&G (if you
have the money) also, Percy Alder of Adler Metal Works near Shannonville
does great work..Boxstroms Sadlers etc.

There's a lot of really good people right here.

Good luck
Mike - 1958 VAY Canada Class Special