Racing again at Pomona Raceway!!!

To: "'vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Racing again at Pomona Raceway!!!
From: Derek Palmer <DPALMER@altera.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:42:32 -0800
For those of you in the Western US who remember the racing
days of Pomona, before it became just a drag strip, you'll be happy
to know that the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) has negotiated
to have an event there for May 16-17 this year.  It's been 20+ years since
this track was run. Don't contact the track
until next week as I don't think this has been publicized yet.
They will have a drivers school that will allow vintage racers to
run in an advanced group.  This is officially a school and not a race,
but in group 4 there is unlimited passing!  Any body contact in the
school groups gets you an automatic 5 year suspension though (Which I like).

I run this group often as extra track practice since they hold these on Sat.

and I usually race Sun..  Groups 3 and 4 are the advanced groups.
Neither require instructors. Group three limits passing in some of
the nastier corners.  $150 for a day $279 for both days gets you 4-5 20 min.

sessions.
Instead of hunting down nostalgic pictures of the 60's-70's races, bring
your
video camera and make your own in car video!
 Don't wait to long. I know the event is selling out fast!

For more info check out
http://am.net/nasa <http://am.net/nasa>
or email Jerry at nasa@wco.com <mailto:nasa@wco.com>

See ya there!