TD Rear Springs

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Rear Springs
From: acace@juno.com (Richard W Waite)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:08:16 -0500

I decided to refurbish the rear springs on my TD. I took them all apart,
hot tanked
them, glass beaded, painted etc. Have all the replacement bushings etc.

I started to reassemble them last night and came across two problems.
First
there appears to be an extra leaf in each spring. ie: 8 instead of 7 as
the manual
shows and the 'extra' leaf is a duplicate, not a different length from
the others.

 Second, the leafs seem to be 'handed', ie: the center bolt hole isn't in
the
center.  (Of course if I'd paid attention when I took the things apart I
wouldn't be
in this situation.)

Question:

Any ideas why the extra leafs and do I need them?

What is the correct way to reassemble given the 'handed' issue? Are the
leafs when assembled  symmetrical or staggered?

Signed,

Dick, Confused In MA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]