Re: Marlboro

To: Larsen <allars@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Marlboro
From: "Dick R." <fastcars@home.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 06:30:27 -0500
Marlboro raceway has fallen onto hard times.  It was supposed to have
become a strip mall, but it was discovered that almost all of it was in
the flood plain - something that we who raced there knew well.  It is
totally overgrown with weeds and trees, the grandstand is dilapidated,
the asphalt is mostly gone, actually, it's a sorry mess.  Aside from
that, Maryland has this big aversion to racetracks - unless it's for
horses.  Those tracks are heavily subsidized by the Good Ol' Boy network
here who run the guv'mint.  The last race at Marlboro was in '69 or '70.

        Dick Rothman