Re: 1972 "Sports Car" Magazine

To: chad.raynal@mailexcite.com
Subject: Re: 1972 "Sports Car" Magazine
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 10:36:24 PST
Chad Raynal wrote:

>Does anyone know which issue/month of the SCCA's Sports Car magazine
>offered the results for the 1972 Watkins Glen Trans-Am race?
>
>Also, does anyone know of any other car magazines of the time containing
>an article on the 1972 Watkins Glen or Lime Rock Trans-Am events?

It wasn't of the same time, but last year or so, Vintage Motorsport ran
an extensive series of articles on Trans-Am.  Nothing like reading 25
year old race results, eh?  ;=) There would have been at least a few
paragraphs about each race, more if it was considered memorable.  I'll
look it up.

Are you after full results all the way to the back of the pack? I think
some of the articles included such detail.  They may have just listed
the front runners.