Re: batteries

To: "Wren, Steven C" <Steven.Wren@PSS.Boeing.com>
Subject: Re: batteries
From: Dennis Murphy <dennism@elginsweeper.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:02:59 -0600 (CST)
I've been using an Optima for two years and I love it. It is the first I've
found that is strong enough to crank a 3.4 Jaguar when it is really hot. It
recovers well after sitting over the winter also.

I went for the gel type because the only practical place for the battery is
in the original position right behind my seat. If I am on my head I have
enough trouble - don't need battery acid dripping down my neck!

Battery terminals are covered with boots and the quick disconnect kills the
whole system by disconnecting the ground. Also nice insurance.

At 11:50 AM 2/19/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Like to get some word on experience with 'racing batteries'. Anyone use
>them? How about Optima - a gell battery. Or does most everyone use
>standard?How about electrical disconnects, do you use the kind that
>protects the alternator also?
>       thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge-
>
>Steve Wren
>
>Issaquah WA         65 Corsa

Dennis Murphy
'52 XK120  #20