Re: Was "Alfa GTAm Fender Flares" now TR4 flares

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Was "Alfa GTAm Fender Flares" now TR4 flares
From: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us (Thom Kuby)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:32:04 -0800 (PST)
Hey there Don,

I spent a lot of time @Wilmot, Blackhawk Farms, and Elkhart lake in the
very late 60's and throughout the 70's, before moving to Colorado and later
California.

I honestly don't recall seeing ANY flaring done to TR-4s, TR-6s and not on
TR-3s.  Seems to me, however, that Kasner (Group 44? that was Kasner wasn't
it?) might've flared his GT-6s and Spitfires there in the end...this is all
memory and I've been wrong before...

However, if you are going to work a TR-3 in vintage...I think you'd have a
pretty hard time getting those flares past anybodys' tech as "period
authentic" because they ain't...

Current SCCA legal? yeah maybe, but not vintage.  Needless to say, you can
do damn near anything you want in auto-x.  I've seen some pretty radical
stuff abusing those pylons...

Just something to consider...don't take MY word for anything.

cheers - and good luck (and have fun)
v/r
Thom Kuby

PS-if anyone knows differently...I'd enjoy hearing what the real answer is.