Re: Fuel Cell Placement

To: Clark <Clark@dnf.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell Placement
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:31:36 -0500
I'm putting the cell in my Merlyn Mk6 in the passenger space with a wedge
shaped cell similar to those used in formula cars, so that the wedge forms a
backrest for a rudimentary passenger seat.  I'll construct a cover of 16 Ga.
aluminium, but it is more of an abrasion shield than a fuel proof box - the
cell itself is made of aircraft fabric of some sort by Fuelsafe.  I
personally wouldn't put the cell outside of the frame structure of the car -
the original tank in the Merlyn was in the side pontoon, protected by 1/16"
of fiberglass and a 1/2" body-mount tube.

Brian