Re: Convicted of attempted humor!

To: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Convicted of attempted humor!
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:00:07 -0500
Sounds like in the land of the free and the home of the brave, the
capitalist system of marketing economics is alive and well...where the right
price is all the market will bear (for the vendor, at least - called "market
based pricing" in my Marketing 101 course at university).

Up here in kinder, gentler Canada, we have non-profit clubs run our racing,
rather than profit based corporations, and follow a "cost-plus" pricing
model.  The "plus" is two-fold - we try to break even at the end of the
year, and our racing is the lowest cost per lap in the western hemisphere
(verified by independant audit - I asked Mike Rosen, and he said "Sure, eh"!

So come to sunny (I wish!) Canada next May, and run Mosport with VARAC!

Brian