Re: Spa.

To: John Robinson <john@jr-and-assoc.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Spa.
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 00:16:30 +0800
>In article <199712270922.RAA28386@opera.iinet.net.au>, Patrick Young
><ply@adtrading.com> writes
>>
>>p.s. Do you know how many Crossle and Mondiales are currently active in
>>Classic FF2000 in England at the moment?
>>

>Classic FF2000 (run by the BARC) is split into two classes.  Class A is
>pre-82 and is totally dominated by the Van Diemen RF82 - the car which
>Senna drove in his time in FF2000.  The only other class A car I have
>seen (although I am new to the series) is a Royale which is frankly out
>classed by the RF82s.
>
>Class B is for pre-79 cars and is largely the domain of the Reynard
>SF78/79 and the late 70s Deltas (designed by Patrick Head, now Wiliams
>technical director of course).   I have also seen a couple of Royales
>and a Lola in class B, but again the Deltas and Reynards seem to be the
>cars to have.

Mondiales would be out as they are only 84 and later. However, the Crossle
33f later such as 41 and 46 could give the Van Dieman's at least a biot of a
run for their money, if anybody ran one. Actually, Arnie Black who has just
bought Crossle used to run 41 and 46 cars in EFDA Euroseries against the
Sennas et al. I agree that it sounds like a great class for those who want
to learn slicks and wings without vast expense.

Regards,

Patrick