White not Silver, actually

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: White not Silver, actually
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:09:29 +0800
Marc,

Re your recent comment:

<snip>
>By the way, we race German machinery namely my father's 1972 Porsche 914
>and my 1961 VW Karmann Ghia.  Both are colored silver to represent the
>German racing colors.
<snip>

>Marc Ablaza ('61 KG)
>Manila

Actually, the official German racing colour is white. Silver, despite being
used extensively following the removal of paint from a 1930s "silver arrow"
(as it subsequently became known) to meet the weight limit in the then
premier European single seater category.

Oh, and don't forget, Belgium's official racing colour is yellow.

No, really, it is important to some folk.

Er, well, Belgians presumably.

Regards,

Patrick