Re: Off-season on-subject subject

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return requested)
Subject: Re: Off-season on-subject subject
From: John Ashburne <John.Ashburne@bankerstrust.com>
Date: 16 Dec 1997 17:35:59 -0500
hayes@mediaone.net wrote:

> Anybody else collect vintage books on racing?

Count me in here.  I collect modern books about racing throughout this century
but find that books written at or
close to the time of the events  are more likely to have interesting points of
view that are not as clouded by the distant haze from
looking back at the "good ol' days".

 A good example is the reporting and books shortly after the Le Mans disaster
in 1955--- lots of different perspectives!

The hunt for out of  print books, especially  bargains, and finding an
undiscovered bookstore in a new city  are half the fun as well.

John Ashburne
1959 Turner Mk 1