RE: Other Team Names

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: RE: Other Team Names
From: oldirish@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:41:51 -0600 (CST)
On 12/15/97 13:09:37 you wrote:

>"Rubber Chicken Racing"...ah yes!
>
>I was informed that I should look for Rubber Chicken Racing when I made
>my trip to the Northwest, last summer. I had forgotten about this
>directive until I was standing trackside at SIR.
>
>Then I saw this lovely Alfa circulating the track at speed with an
>apparent plucked chicken hanging, in part, from the lower lip of the
>Alfa trunk lid.
>
>Hilarious....!!!

Joe,

It is actually a semi-pagan ritual started by Keith Martin to ward off
vultures.

>It might take our rather staid and serious SCCA Corner Folk, at Road
>America, a little while to adapt to the sense of humor of the Pacific
>Northwest.

Actually Irv has been keeping us in stitches for some time now and would fit
right in.

>Regards,
>
>"Alexander Racing & Touring Society"...
>
>(This could be "Fast Alexander Racing & Touring Society", but people
>would pick  up on the acronym....)

and being the senior Alexander you would be the old .....

Thank you Myles, Purple Lips Racing is here, Don Chapman, Majordomo

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry Liudahl - Eugene, Oregon USA
Old Irish Racing Club: http://pw2.netcom.com/~oldirish.html
Purple Lips Racing - Lip Service Racing Teams
Austin Healey, Datsun, Jaguar, MG
E-mail: oldirish@ix.netcom.com