Re: FIA homolgation

To: rodgers356@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: FIA homolgation
From: JWoesvra <JWoesvra@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 14:15:39 EST

<< >
 >The FIA rule books can occaisonally be found at auto flea markets, etc. The
 >recognition forms may still be available through the appropriate ACN. They
 >were in effect for a four year period after the production rule was ended.

 Thanks for the information.  Gives me several leads.  I wonder if you could
 clarify the above sentence.  Do you mean the car and options were legal for
 4 years after the documents were filed or ?  I appreciate your help.

 Ted Rodgers >>

There is an error, it should read:

"They were in effect for a four year period after the production RUN ended."

I think it means that four years after the end of production, a model was no
longer eligible for FIA competition. There must have been a way for older
models to remain on the active list, but I can find no reference to it in the
rule book. For our purposes I don't think it really matters.

The current ACUS phone # is 847-272-0090

Jack Woehrle