Re: Thicko Fan

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thicko Fan
From: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us (Thom Kuby)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:51:15 -0800 (PST)
>> Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
> Repent my son, cleanse your soul, (and anything
>> > else that needs cleansing). I'm guessing you're a Porsche guy, but hey,
>> > we've even added some of them to our ranks... (like Dr. Dreadful and Bob
>> > Tenges for those of you who get to the midwest race scene).
>> >
>>Oh, No! Porsche guys on the list? Is it too late for me to withdraw from
>the Thicko List? The last Porsche I owned cost me my drivers' license.
>And a YEAR after I sold it, I dropped in at the police station for
>another reason (my town has 8,000 pop.) and two cops that I had NEVER
>MET said, almost in unison, "Oh -- Drews, huh -- you're the guy with the
>Porsche, aren't you?" and wanted to talk cars. Not too many 911's in
>Waverly, Iowa.
>
>You want to know what terror is? Last year at a race at Road America,
>Timing and Scoring screwed up on my practice time and awarded my lowly
>TR4 the pole position for a prelim race. I've never been passed by so
>darn many Porsches in my life! (But the Bob Harrington photo of me
>leading about ten of them into turn five is priceless).
>
>Porsches make me uncomfortable. They exude a rather sinister aura of
>being Properly Engineered. Unlike Triumphs, they don't have scroll rear
>crank seals tht leak, figure eight gaskets that fail, timing chain
>tensioners that wear out each season, or carb jets that continually
>jiggle off-center. I'm going to have to re-think my comfort zone with
>the Team Thicko List.

Herr Drews, Herr Thompson, Herr Speckman...et al

Ja...we are everyvhere...Nicht wahr?  we have infiltrated this list...

BTW; it's not a bratwurst without the kraut...
Wait, Don't tell me, you guys drink martinis without olives?

I, for one, would be quite at home lurking on the Thicko list...(belch),
only if these guys can stand it.

Auf Wiedersehen...Happy holidays to all!

Thom Kuby - (very much a rookie driver)
"Almost finished" EP Porsche  912 - No longer for sale
(someone has to deal with "The British Problem"...don't need no can of WhupAss)