duct tape

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: duct tape
From: jim fuerstenberg <jimf42@pyrotechnics.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:58:51 -0600
I know this is a little off the mark...but I could not help but repost from
another list I am on.

Jim

>The Latin expert at the Gregoriana Pontifical Univiersity in Rome says that
>the "official" translation of Duct Tape (which he just invented for us) is
>
>Taeniae Ductibus Conglutinandis
>
>(which literally is "sticky strips for ducts"--in Latin, as in Italian, you
>have to say specifically you mean sticky tape as opposed to other kinds of
>ribbons...)
>
>I forget, who was it who wanted this, anyway? I have shifted my e-mail over
>to a new machine and so addresses from last summer are not easily
>accessible...

[...]

>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>Guy Consolmagno SJ
>Vatican Observatory Research Group      Specola Vaticana
>Steward Observatory                     V-00120
>University of Arizona                   Vatican City State
>Tucson, AZ 85721
>(520) 621 7855                          (+39) 6-6988-8364

Jim Fuerstenberg
Three Wheel Racing

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the
distinction of being one of the most popular, most maligned and least
understood of human activities."  Charles Beaumont and Phillip F.
Nolan (Omnibus of Speed, 1958)

When replying, do not hit auto-reply, first delete "nospam" from my address.