Calgary Vintage Race "Vintage on the Prairies"

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Calgary Vintage Race "Vintage on the Prairies"
From: Christine Kernick-Fletcher <chrisker@kcls.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:49:33 -0700 (PDT)
To All,

After reading various accounts of the L.A. Race, I though I would pass on
my report of Vintage on the Prairies, the Calgary Vintage Racing Club
event held August 23, 24 in Calgary, Alberta.

A group of SOVREN members made the long trek up for the third year in a
row.  Once again we were met with enthusiastic hospitality, good racing,
LOTS of track time, great weather, and last but not least, good food!

The event was organized by Alberta Race Workers Associate, Race City
Speedway and Calgary Vintage Racing Club.  The club is samll, but the
Vintage Spirit is alive and well.  John and Helen Welter were most
gracious to all of us Yanks and after the Fourth of July Hysterics at SIR
in Kent, it was a welcome change!

If any of you would like to get away from the burgeoning madness of some
of the Vintage Racing in the States.....go to Calgary next year.  I
guarantee your experience will be positive.

Thanks again to John and Helen Welter, Rod Farnsworth, Peter Laity, Ed
Komarnicki, Terry Sturgeon and Ian Taylor....and of course the one
responsible for bring all of us Yanks north, Gil Stuart.  Also a big
thanks to Jim and Jane McDonald for their fantastic hospitality.

Herb and Chris Fletcher
Dave and Judy Phillips
Glenn and Jan Russell
Peter and Robin Warrington