Re: Crew Needed for Sears Point

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: Crew Needed for Sears Point
From: Don Suiter <suiter@ares.csd.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 19:34:13 -0700
Simon Favre wrote:

> My cheap help has all evaporated on me.  ;=( It also seems the CART
> races at Laguna Seca are drawing away the alternates.  I need 1 or 2
> able bodies to help out at a vintage race THIS weekend, Sept 6-7.  The
> event will be at Sears Point Raceway.  This is a CSRG event, so you
> won't have large crowds to deal with.
snip, snip,

Simon,
I will be available, please have the airline ticket at the UNITED
counter at DIA in Denver. Make the flight round trip/first class.  I
will pick up my own rental car.  Not sure about Sunday, but I can swing
the $10, if your a bit short :-) ...

Btw,  Steamboat was a good time with a few to many folks being put on
the trailer.  We had perfect race weather and 8 race groups.  I ran
group one with the Alfa (Saturday was not a good day) but I made the
races on Sunday.  We did get limited track time on Friday to dust out
the cobwebs and to setup the eng. for the altitude.  Friday is
traditionally the newbie day so folks don't get lost on the track or
wreck.  I wish a few more folks paid attention to the wreck, as it was a
banner year for  incidents. I understand 33 total which involved more
than a cone.  A number of apex and brake marker cones bought it too.
This was my 2nd year racing Steamboat and my 7th year at the event. The
previous 4 years, I had worked corners on 7, 7, 5a and 8.  Corners 7 and
5a are good spectator/photo corners.  Corner 7 and 8 are up close and
personal when your working blue flag.

Perhaps, I will scan a few photos when I get my hands on some.  We had
some really nice cars this year with Corvette the featured marque.  Lots
of nice small bore and a good group open wheel folks.

Ok, Simon I will call UNITED on thursday to confirm you got the tickets
:-) ....

--
Don Suiter ACOC - webmaster (ACOC) owner (ErEc,Ltd),
http://www.donsuiter.com/