Lucas Dark Suckers - Not Just a Theory Any More

To: NELIUS@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas Dark Suckers - Not Just a Theory Any More
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:00:06 -0600
NELIUS@aol.com wrote:

> . . . recent information has proved [that e]lectric bulbs don't
> emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.
> The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that
> dark has mass and is heavier than light.

There are easier proofs than the ones presented, and more applicable
to vintage automobiles, e.g. the fact that car batteries are black so
as to provide a receptive environment for all the dark sucked up
through the headlights. A little-known trick of top rallyists is to
run with all the accessory headlamps turned on, even in the daytime.
The sucking force of a brace of Lucas driving lights can add 1-2 mph
of top speed.

You can also trace the path of the dark sucked out of your home. If
you follow the wires far enough, you'll eventually find the power
plant - where all of the sucked-up dark is being returned to nature
in the form of black smoke.

Jim Hill
Madison WI