Re: SB 42...

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: SB 42...
From: Sandi4JH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:47:28 -0400 (EDT)

<< Subj:         Re: SB 42...
 Date:  97-07-31 13:36:29 EDT
 From:  favres@engmail.ulinear.com (Simon Favre)
 Sender:        owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
 To:    VEENET@aol.com
 CC:    vintage-race@autox.team.net

 Another counterpoint to CARB's worry about loss of smog fees: If too
 many collectible cars are forced to leave the state, that will cause
 the sizable industry devoted to the restoration and sale of classic
 cars to wither. These businesses pay taxes, you know.  When a car is
 sold out of state, the California shops won't be maintaining it
 anymore.

I have suggested in my letters about SB42 that the state could just add the
$8. smog fee to our normal registration fees (which they would lose totally
if we couldn't register our cars) to pay for our exemptions. They would end
up getting more money that way.
Sandi