Towing with vans

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Towing with vans
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:09:25 -0500
Anyone out there have experience towing with the new generation Chrysler
vans? They are such sweet vehicles for everyday use. I'd like to know
how they do towing 3500 lb car and open trailer.

We currently use a 92 Chevy Astro Van (mini) with a 4.6L. We leave it
out of overdrive and it does fine. Bought it used with 70,000 miles on
it a couple of years ago for $10,000. 23 mpg on highway when not towing,
16 mpg when towing. Pretty comfortable but the chassis is a truck
chassis so it handles like a, well, a truck when being used as a family
car.