Healey Videos for charity

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Healey Videos for charity
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:16:45 -0500
To all who ordered the video compilation of Team Thicko at Road America
(VSCDA Vintage Fall Festival 1994, Chicago Historic Races 1995, Chicago
Historic Races 1996) your tapes have been sent priority mail today, the
24th.

To those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, this tape is
being sold for $25 US(including shipping) with all the proceeds going to
the Geoff Healey Memorial Fund.

 <http://www.serve.com/AHCA/news/geoff_mem.html>

 The fund was set up by Bill Bolton in Oregon. A shelter was built in
Geoff's name (fishing and gardening were his hobbies) on the shore of
one of his favorite spots.

It was fun to go over these tapes again and see how the camera work, the
editing, and most importantly the driving got better over this 3 year
period. My 948cc Sprite ran 3:12 in '94, 3:08 in early '95, and
consistant 3:02s in late '95 & '96.

Also featured in the tape are 2 cars from the famous Fourintune
stable...the faithful recreation of NOJ 391 (100S prototype...the first
Healey Special Test Car) that was built with Geoff's help and blessing,
and Dan Pendergraft's #106. The in car camera during the CHR of '95
really captures the unrivaled 6 cylinder symphony of a big Healey (Go
ahead and argue Ferrari lovers...just because she sings higher doesn't
mean she sings better!). Contrast that with the 7500 RPM sounds of my
Sprite that sounds like an angry weed whacker on steroids.

Lots of in car footage of Road America... certainly one of America's
premiere tracks. Good music. Famous people interviewed (3 time World
Champion Sir Jack Brabham, David Hobbs, Peter Egan). Alfas, Ferraris,
Aston Martins, Porsches, Triumphs (smoking... do they ALL smoke?), MGs,
Corvettes, Mustangs, Jaguars, Specials, Formula cars, Can Am cars... you
name it... you'll see it.

The cost... $25, check made payable to ...

The Geoffrey C. Healey Memorial Fund
C/O Wm. Severin Thompson/Team Thicko
P.O. Box 1048
Lake Villa, IL 60046

It all goes to charity. Running time... close to 120 minutes.

Order early order often. If you order in the next week or two, delivery
time will be minimal. After that, I'm racin'.

WST