Re: Walter Mitty

To: dwilson@america.net (DOUG WILSON)
Subject: Re: Walter Mitty
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:13:54 -0500
Went to the Mitty for the first time last year, with the 1275 engine in the
Midget for the first time.  Had an absolute blast.  Reached a little over
8,000 RPM in the Dip on the back straight, which calculates out to 125 MPH,
which in a midget is VERY fast!  Fastest I've been in a race car except for
when we went to the Buck Baker NASCAR school at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

At 05:40 PM 3/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>The Mitty is great fun. The weather is normally good, but it can be wet. It
>will probably be crowded in the pit and on the track. The groups for the
>"non golden chariots" can be very large, but this becomeing the norm with
>HSR. I believe there were 60+ cars in group 2 at Sebring. If you have never
>driven RA there is a pretty good video available from the pro shop at the
>track that explains the line. I understand that the new owners have already
>made some improvements.
>
>See you there
>Doug Wilson
>59 Sprite
>

>>From: ROCKNEY@rcksuni1.is.ge.com (VAUGHN ROCKNEY)
>>To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
>>Subject: Lotus 51A/FF
>>Sender: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
>>
>>Vintage-racer's,
>>  Yesterday I finished the restoration of the Lotus '51 and drove it
>>around the neighborhood.  Didn't crash or break it.  Was so tired at the
>>end of the day, that I parked it in the trailer next to the house with
>>pure water still in the car not even thinking about the weather.. got
>>down to 26 F here last night, but the car seems to have made it ok.. I
>>might have gotten lucky.
>>  I'm planning to debut the car at the HSR Mitty event in Atlanta, with
>>my year's big vacation and dream trip the VARAC Mosport Festival in
>>June.  Carol said the Mitty entry forms were at the printers last week
>>and are due to be mailed soon.
>>  Unfortunately, I don't have any Atlanta motel information to provide..
>>I'm planning to camp in the paddock.  Are any other vintage-race
>>list'ers going to the race?  I'll need to pick up a crew, as most likely
>>I'll be coming by myself..  Also if any list members have driven in a
>>prior Mitty event, it would be great to hear your impressions and/or
>>advice.  Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Vaughn Rockney

Brian Evans
Director, ISP Marketing