Re: Mosport

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Mosport
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:44:20 -0500
Don't forget that Mosport is under the financial gun - the outfit that
almost bought them in the fall is now trying to force them into bankruptcy.
The challenges seem overwhelming...

That said, I attended a Mosport regional event that VARAC had a race group
at last year, and had great track time, a good group to run with (about 25
cars of all vintage classes, open wheel included, all together) and turned a
1:48 flat in the Midget.  Which, at Mosport, is thoroughly entertaining and
definitely gets your attention!  If you don't have anyone near you on the
track to race with, Mosport is tough enough that you can just race her, and
have a great weekend.

Hope to see you in June...

At 11:22 AM 3/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Brian,
>
>Received my  entry info for the June Mosport event. Pretty compelling,
>I'd say!
>
>It happens the week before our VSCDA Blackhawk Farms event and I would
>have to give that event up. Perhaps I will....
>
>There seems to be getting to be too many choices in vintage races...an
>embarassment of automotive riches. It leads to politcal unrest.....
>
>Witness the activities among HSR. SVRA, VSCDA, & CHR.
>
>*      HSR got cancelled out of Mid-Ohio amid speculation that SVRA caused it
>*      CHR got booted out of Road America because Marchetti wasnt paying
>attention to business. VSCDA took over the event.
>*      VSCDA planted a competing event on top of SVRAs May event at Road
>America
>*      SVRA got transplanted at the 12 Hours of Sebring
>*      Rumors are started that SVRA's Frank Rupp has been ousted. not
>confirmed.
>
>Perhaps I should move to Canada from whence my family migrated?
>
>Later,
>
>Joe

Brian Evans
Director, ISP Marketing