Re: Pith Helmets

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Pith Helmets
From: Ken.Freese@ccmail.aer.lmco.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 07:33:28 PST
          Check some vintage motorcycle magazines, esp British. I think that
          there are reproductions of the Cromwell helmet being made.
          Ken Freese

Subject: Pith Helmets
Author:  Curtis Wiseman <Curtis.J.Wiseman@lmtas.lmco.com> at _internetcc
Date:    3/12/97 4:03 AM

Greetings all,

Pardon my intrusion to your list, but I'm hoping you can help a fellow
gearhead.  My brother-in-law has built a pretty nice BRG Austin-Healey
100-4 BN-2 from a literal basket.  I would like to get him a special
gift for his car that is not commonly available.  He has mentioned that
he would like to find a pith racing helmet.  The kind he is looking for
is like the Autoweek logo, a pith hemisphere with leather or cloth ear
covers and chin strap.  It's not that he thinks he is Fangio, just that
the age of the car fits that type of helmet.  Does anybody here know
where such a thing is available to buy?  I appreciate any tips you can
give me.

Again, thanks for allowing the intrusion.  Direct replies would be
appreciated since I am not subscribed.  I usually hang out on the Miata
Mailing list and Miata.net but I am a kindred spirit (former TR-6 driver
and proud owner of Age & Treacher Racing T-shirt).  Come on over to the
Miata list and play some time.  We are a friendly bunch.

Curtis Wiseman
Fort Worth TX
CJWiseman@lmtas.lmco.com