Re: Rear suspension

To: Grand_Wazoo <Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com>
Subject: Re: Rear suspension
From: Gary <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:32:14 -0600
At 06:09 PM 3/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Jack W Drews wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to figure out what to do to improve two aspects of my
>> vintage TR4 racer's handling -- decrease the understeer and keep the
>> inside rear wheel on the ground.

One of the things I havent seen mentioned is the use of a "welded" diff.
This will provide a built-in amount of understeer. I have a limited slip
4:88 diff in my Bugeye, but when I tried a welded 4:22 it was like night and
day.  The true limited slip diffs are a dream to drive compared to the
welded diffs.  This might be something to consider, if you want to decrease
understeer.
Gar
Team Thicko