Re: R.I.P. Bridgehanpton

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: R.I.P. Bridgehanpton
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:18:55 -0500
> Reports of the demise of the Bridge are perennially premature.  Word from
> informed sources says the season is on for '97.

The Autoweek article stated (as I reported) that the bulldozers were coming
after Labor Day. They seemed final.
They reported owner Robert Rubin finally gave up fighting with the town of
Southampton and their noise ordinance that was 20 dB lower than street cars
were allowed! The 521 acre site will become a private golf course and Rubin
should be a few mil richer.
However, Autoweek reports that nearby town Riverhead is working on plans for
a 3.5 mile 16 turn course called Mid-Atlantic Race Complex.

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce