Re: a spin on the physics

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a spin on the physics
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 9:57:02 PDT
Sears Point is like this too.  At least, if you stay to the left of the
track, you "merge" onto the dragstrip a little past the major slick
stuff.  At Sears in the rain, the major problem is usually rivers of
water running across the track just after the drag strip area going into
turn 1.  ;=(  With so many elevation changes, Sears is pretty exciting
in the rain.  The SF region SCCA driver's school is traditionally held
during monsoon season.  I once quipped that we should get boat racing
licenses for all the time we spent hydroplaning. ;=)