Re: Big Bang At Mt. Tremblant (Gratton)

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Bang At Mt. Tremblant (Gratton)
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:26:53 -0400
> To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> From: Dennis Murphy <elgparts@xnet.com>
> Subject: Big Bang At Gratton
>
> Had an abbreviated weekend at Gratton with the XK120, finished my weekend
> early with a big bang on the front straight during qualifying Saturday mor

Jeez, bad weekend! I had a similar experience.
Mine happened on the back straight at Mt. Tremblant at 7000 RPM. Blew one of
the three legs off the drive flange of the gearbox, took part of the flex
joint with it , destroyed the clutch linkage and nearly severed the fuel
line. Unfixable, as nobody has ever seen this part go before, so we don't
have a spare. Only 15 min. of track time total.
But hey, Mt. Tremblant area is georgeous, so spouse Karen and I had a nice
quiet weekend with some great food (and I could enjoy the wine with a clear
conscience.
So what's up in the midwest in Sept? I need another race fix.

Jim Hayes jeh@fotec.com   Web page: http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
Vintage racing Alfas: '57 Spider and '62 Spider Veloce
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false!