accusump

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, gross@unit.com
Subject: accusump
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 13:22:16 pst
     An "accusump" is the trade name of a dynamic oil resevoir.  It accepts
     oil from the engine when not full and and the engine oil pressure is
     greater than its own and unloads it when there is a reverse pressure
     differential.  -That's the theory.

     I use a synthetic now (MOBIL 1).  And the rod bearings look better
     after low to no oil pressure but - I don't like to run without oil
     pressure.

     Contrary to some commercials I have heard about i.e.   "Prolong"
     engine treatment.  I understand that "they" drain the oil
     from a Viper, Volvo, and several other cars- then remove the oil
     filter and then drive the cars at Willow Springs.  They also have
     (get this)  Al Unser Sr. , Mark Spitz, and Steve Yeager as their
     spokesmen.  -a rather interesting crew.  Can anyone corroborate their
     case?

     I will publicly like to say that I have a car that I would like to
     independently test under similar conditions with their product.  I
     doubt that they will take me up on such a suckers challenge.

     Mordy Dunst