Re: Brake fluid damage to paint

To: malcox@napanet.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake fluid damage to paint
From: McVintage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:50:57 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-22 00:49:36 EDT, malcox@napanet.net (Malcolm Cox)
writes:

<< I am toying with washing any areas I can get to with kerosene, but if this
stuff is not diluted
 enough, I fear this will spread the damage further. Further I am not sure
what to do with 2
 gallons of kerosene on my driveway.   >>

You didn't say what your driveway is made of, but this might be a good time
to remind people (like me) who have asphalt driveways, that this stuff
(asphalt) is soluble in petroleum products. Therefore things like LBCs
marking there territory or the occaisional oil, hi octane gasoline or
kerosene spill followed by a few really bad winters can make your asphalt
driveway look like mine: DAMAGED
This is why Tony George had to rebuild the pits at IMS with concrete when he
decided to let gasoline-burning NASCARs run there. Asphalt had been okay for
methanol burning Indycars.
But if you have a concrete driveway and if you decide to go with the kerosene
approach, why not just plan a barbeque. I suggest an entre of blackened
redfish (cooks fast but requires a hot flame) - just be sure you have enough
to feed the neighbors or firemen who will have to help put the fire out.  :-)

Have fun
Jack Mc