Re: Beginning a first campaign

To: "M. Frankford" <mfrankfo@ro.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beginning a first campaign
From: <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 08:34:01 +1000
Good to see the BMC Brigade getting another recruit, albeit on the
other side of the globe.

FWIW ---- In Australia we have Group Na for track racing pre'58 saloon
cars.  The class (which started) last year is growing and we have such
beasts as a Morris Oxford (guilty!), Morris Major (Australian version
of Wolseley 1500), Austin A30, Jaguar MkVII (awesome as you chase it
round the track), Ford Zephyr MkII.  Currently in build there is Holden
FJ (all-Australian), Ford Customline, Peugeot 203, Renault 750, Simca
Aronde, Wolseley 1500, Austin Lancer (another Oz W1500 variant) and MG
Magnette.

If any potential Na competitors in Oz are interested, please contact me
in my capacity as the Group Na Registrar for the Appendix J Association
of NSW and I'll be happy to let you know of coming events, rules, etc.

Back to original question - hope you find a suitable category, keep me
posted on progress.

General word of warning - if using the original steel wheels, get them
crack-tested and then reinforced (we have already had several incidents
down here).

Go BMC!!!!

...regards Andrew "Axeman" Pursey - 1955 Morris Oxford - Car No 55 in
NSW