Personel Victory

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Personel Victory
From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 13:53:06 -5000
Well, last weekend I had my first full mixed grid (Open & closed wheel)
race in the all vintage class at a CASC regional at Shannonville, Ont. It
was a fun weekend, with warm sunny weather Saturday, but very wet on
Sunday. Running with the open wheelers was not a problem, as everybody
did an intellegent job of making sure they were seen, especially in the
rain.

There's this black Corvette I've been chasing (In my bugeye!) for a couple
events, and I finished within a second behind it at Mosport in June. The
thing is quite fast on the straights, and slow, but verrrry wide on the
corners. On Sunday, we had steady rain in the morning race, and the rain
just stopped while on grid for the afternoon. Regardless of partly drying
conditions, I managed to *lap* the Corvette in the race! I may not have
won a class, but I certainly won a battle!

Next race: St. Jovite in August, then the Glen in Sept.
   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!