tvr

Re: Vixen Door Windows

To: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Subject: Re: Vixen Door Windows
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:16:20 +0100
Bob,

BobTescione wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
> I am assembling the window mechanism in my doors.

  This is a very nasty piece of TVR Engineering indeed. I like the way
the
  original design has a tendency to increase the size of the four
locations
  until it falls out!

Its been quite a while
> since this car was together and my question is: Do the door windows wind
> completely into the door when wound down.

  No

 or does the top edge stick up
> about 2".

  Yes. This assumes that you have the very bottoms of the window
  frames joined together (which you should have). Originally, they
  were joined by a bit of mild steel which became iron oxide very
quickly
  since nothing stops water going inside the door as there was no
  proper window seal only a felt seal.

  If you don't have the joining bit then the glass can drop further but
this isn't
  wise. I've moved the cut-down mini glass clamp further towards the
back of the
  door to stop the cam mechanism falling out. and have joined the
bottoms
  of the frame with stainless steel L section with stainless nuts and
bolts.

  I have taken photos of the entire process on CD which I can email if
  you wish.

  Regards,
  John Upham

--