tvr

RE: TR6 Conrod Bolts

To: "'tvr@autox.team.net'" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Conrod Bolts
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:58:20 -0800
.After I posted the inquiry, I did a little more research:
*       The Triumphtune manual recommends upgrading
*       the TR6 Competition does not (and it is vague on whether they should
be replaced with new stock, or just re-use)
*       the local auto machine shop suggested replacement, but were grossed
at the price
*       a fellow who has built hot TR6 engines suggested it it a question of
$:  if you can afford it, do it.

Decision:  I ordered the competition grade con bolts from Moss, and passed
on the comp grade head bolts.  The con bolts are obviously more important in
terms of the type of failure, and in my books are much less likely to fail.
Thanks for all your help.  Stephen