tvr

Re: Bumpsteer (long)

To: GRIFF65@aol.com, TVR@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bumpsteer (long)
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 00:32:43 EDT

<< I have heard that there are other Steering levers that fit and do exactly
what you suggest. They may be newer Spit or older TR4 I'm not sure, but it may
be worth looking into. Dave >>

The steering arms on my 2500 are: not Spit. not Elan, not GT6 not TR3/4. They
look like the Spit size, but are about 1>1.5 inches longer. They do have a
Stanpart logo and number on them, but I have never seen them on anything else,
an I have looked for them on all the Spit derived front ends I could find.
Knowing TVR they are probably off of something that never saw this side of the
pond, like a Reliant Robin or some such perfectly ordinary Brit piece.
I tried a set of Spit arms on the TVR, but they are so short that the tie rod
end fouled the leading edge of the rotor. The stock ones place the tie rod end
just in front of the rotor. Ah well, I've got mine mate...now its everybody
else's turn <g>.

Dave- you still got your 200, or did you let it pass to a new owner. I know
you were trying, but I hope you still have it. So much work demands you reap
some of the rewards (as in driving it.)

little garage, little checkbook, BIG dreams...
         Nick in Nor Cal