Re: [TR] Mixture - Check and Adjust ZS 175 carbs

To: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Mixture - Check and Adjust ZS 175 carbs
From: Sujit Roy <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 10:45:01 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000006aae0805d35bf0e0

The ROM say the engine RPM should raise and then settle down if it is
running right. 0.8mm is som small. WIll I notice anything. The carbs have
been rebuilt, but needles are 50 years old.
I can check the plugs but I'm assuming after a few test runs. The carbs are
for a FED Stag.

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/

--0000000000006aae0805d35bf0e0

le down if it is running right. 0.8mm is som small. WIll I notice anything.=
=C2=A0The carbs=C2=A0have been rebuilt, but needles are 50 years old.=C2=A0=
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, =
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:20 AM DAVID MASSEY &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dave1massey@cs.=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex">
=A0 This is the technique used for decades for SU&#39;s but they had a pist=
on lifting button that would lift the piston the prescribed amount.=C2=A0 T=
he reason it worked is that the needle was profiled to run rich at idle and=
 lifting the piston would lean it out.=C2=A0 When set right you will get a =
momentary increase in speed.</font></div>

le was no longer an option.=C2=A0 The needles were profiled to run lean at =
idle to meet the CO and HC levels prescribed by the EPA.=C2=A0 Lifting the =
piston on such a car will have no effect or will just cause it to slow down=
.=C2=A0 <br>

ust gas analyzer.</font><br>

 size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
The ROM for the Stag says to lift each air valve by 0.8mm and note the reac=
tion of the engine. Is 0.8mm really enough? I can&#39;t make out any differ=
ence. My carbs needles are set to max lean. The car revs, in neutral, well =
without hesitation.
g=C2=A0is the same.=C2=A0<br>
Sujit<br clear=3D"all">
-- <br>