[TR] Engine Mounts

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Engine Mounts
From: George Haynes <ghaynestr4@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 18:47:51 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_251622_1474383009.1626461271007

Since the engine in my 1965 TR4A is out being rebuilt, it seemed like a goo=
d time to replace the front engine mounts. =C2=A0Access to the mounting nut=
s is all but impossible. =C2=A0They bolt to the frame nearly obscured by fr=
ont suspension.=C2=A0It's a beautiful RATCO frame I installed ten years ago=
. =C2=A0Might be different than a stock frame in this area.
Sockets are impossible. =C2=A0Dismantling the front suspension would take a=
 lot of time and energy, and may not help.It might be possible to access th=
ese (Nyloc) nuts with a seriously modified end wrench, probably with busted=
 knuckles=C2=A0and lots of cursing involved. =C2=A0

Modifying the RATCO frame would be a sacrilege! Not gonna happen!
Has anyone dealt with this? =C2=A0Any suggestions? =C2=A0Are you reading th=
is, Tony?I might have to retain the old motor mounts.TIA.
George=C2=A0HaynesCTC55423LO
------=_Part_251622_1474383009.1626461271007

out being rebuilt, it seemed like a good time to replace the front engine
mounts. &nbsp;
style="font-size: 10pt; background-color: transparent;">They bolt to the frame
nearly obscured by front suspension.&nbsp;</span></div>

different than a stock frame in this area.</div>

a lot of time and energy, and may not help.</div>

modified end wrench, probably with busted knuckles&nbsp;</div>

this, Tony?</div>

to retain the old motor mounts.</span></div>

transparent;">TIA.</span></div>

transparent;">George&nbsp;</span>Haynes</div>

------=_Part_251622_1474383009.1626461271007--

--===============8458883914165624755==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============8458883914165624755==--