Re: [TR] SU H6 Carb Question

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>, James Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] SU H6 Carb Question
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 13:21:45 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--------------B112259B370F94D818E6DBDC

with holes in the bottom of the piston how is a vacuum being created?
main spring in place?

Are you trying to do this with the damper plungers in place?

The 'click' is simply IS the piston seating completely

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com

--------------B112259B370F94D818E6DBDC

  <head>
  </head>
      created?<br>
      main spring in place?<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAFU8DPt0+mg_UTXgHJUpJmCyGVtxS7xj-9OaaZ31fT1ee=P2Zw@mail.gmail.com">
          I were doing things improperly here. The only way I can get
          the piston to drop  with a click is to leave the assembly
           untightened. What should I do? </div>
            Henningsen &lt;<a href="mailto:trguy75@gmail.com";
              moz-do-not-send="true">trguy75@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Thanks.  I
            installed that way and now working on centering jet
            properly.  My first time doing these do not in a big hurry.
            Curious thing is I do t get the â??clickâ?? of the piston when
            it falls to base while testing jet center.   Even without
            the shoe jet assembly installed it doesnâ??t click.  Seems to
            be the vacuum in the chamber is acting as a shock absorber.
            Iâ??m going to try I a different cover assembly with piston to
            see if better fit.  Good news is I have a spare set.  <br>
            Thanks,<br>
            Jim<br>
            Sent from my iPhone<br>
            &gt; On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:26 AM, <a
              href="mailto:Wbeech@flash.net"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">Wbeech@flash.net</a> &lt;<a
              href="mailto:wbeech@flash.net"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">wbeech@flash.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; The shoulder should be flush with the base of the
            piston.  I insert it just a little high then use a
            straightedge to bring down to flush.  This way I know they
            are both equally positioned.  <br>
            &gt; Bill<br>
            &gt; TS30800L<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Sent from my Handspring Treo<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Jim Henningsen &lt;<a
              href="mailto:trguy75@gmail.com"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">trguy75@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; When inserting a new needle into the damper piston
            bottom, does the needle<br>
            &gt; go all the way to "bottom out" in the hole, then secure
            with set screw.  Or<br>
            &gt; does it go down before bottoming out so the wider
            shoulder of the needle is<br>
            &gt; flat with base of piston?  SU H6 carb for TR3A.  <br>
            &gt; Thanks,<br>
            &gt; Jim Henningsen<br>
            &gt; Ocala FL<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
              target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
            **<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            &gt; Archive: <a
              href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@flash.net";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@flash.net</a><br>
            &gt; <br>
            ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
            Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dorpaul1@gmail.com";
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dorpaul1@gmail.com</a><br>
      <pre wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>