Re: [TR] color coding of wires used in Triumphs

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] color coding of wires used in Triumphs
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:15:47 +0000
---- John Macartney <flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> As a general rule of thumb, what Randall and others have said is correct. But
> with the passage of time and cars being bought by enthusiasts around the
> world, beware the car that first went to Italy for sale as a new vehicle.

Also beware modifications by previous owners.  The second Stag had a big black
wire under the dash that had been cut and left to dangle.  Normally black is
ground, so it was tempting to tuck it under a bolt head somewhere.  Fortunately
I resisted the impulse, as I later discovered that it was twisted together with
a brown wire somewhere up behind the panel.  The car also now has circuit
breakers protecting a lot of the brown wires, after one of them shorted to
ground inside the steering column.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive